Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Power to Pounce


        Well, last time I talked about how confusing men are, and how I wish it was like in kindergarten, when boys just kicked you if they liked you. I'd like to clarify, I am in no way encouraging domestic violence. It would seem that most of you would understand that.

       With that being said, I want to know why our society gives men the power to pick their women as if we were criminals in a line-up. Why is it that all through school we are taught to wait for the guy to make a move? He has to ask you on a date, he has to ask you to the dance, he has to pay for your food (this part I don't mind, haha.) Don't get me wrong, I love it when a guy makes the first move, it's sexy and a huge turn-on, but to hell with waiting for it! 

    I'm not saying women don't get to choose their men, we do, but we honestly don't get to PICK our men. It can be more accurately described as a process of elimination by denial. I think this has a lot to do with the fact that our society objectifies women. Men and women alike do this. It's interesting the concept behind it all. Men treat us like sex-objects because we let them. Have you ever asked yourself "Why am I putting this make-up on?" or "Why am I buying this tiny skirt?"

      On one hand, I think it could be that women are smart enough to know how to get what they want, therefor using men's weakness to sex, to their own advantage. On the other hand, why are we not smart enough to use our brains before or boobs in the first place? 

    Also, don't get me wrong on this end of things, I know I will only be twenty, once, and I like the way I look in those tight jeans, haha, but is that the reason I'm putting them on? I have to acknowledge the limits of my own thinking at this point. I'm not exactly sure why I put on my tight jeans. Is it because they make my butt look nice and in affect make me feel good about all the hard work I put into Yoga this week? Or is it because I know the boy who sits next to me in my CHEM 101 class, will also appreciate all the hard work I put into Yoga this week? 

      Even if you can't decide the real reason, why not make a conscious effort to make sure you're doing it for YOU and not anyone else. Clearly, I have gotten into sub-topics of the real topic at this point. My real point here, is to convince you to stop objectifying yourself and become a woman with intention. 

      Living for others is great, in different context. Put your pants on for YOU today, and go ask that guy you like over for dinner (and make him cook it too, JOKE, cook it together.)

If he denies you, laugh about it. There are plenty of guys out there. 

Han B.
     


     

        

No comments:

Post a Comment